Buying Used Trucks In Casper
Buying "Used Trucks" can normally save you a lot of money. When you purchase a used truck always take your time and inspect the truck as best you can. If you can't do it yourself consider paying to have it checked out by a professional.
- The next best thing is to ask for a Carfax Report though these are not always accurate. Sometimes large companies just repair their own body damages with a check or purchase order. This won't show up on Carfax Reports. Sometimes individuals who don't want to have their insurance rates go up will pay for their own repairs without using an insurance company. These are rare instances but just prove nothing is completely fool proof. For the most part a Carfax Report is very wise to get and very helpful in a purchase decision.
- Check the tires and make sure they are wearing evenly. Sometimes the fix for uneven wear is just adding or letting out air in the tire.
- Check the fluid levels and the fluid consistencies. This will let you know if the vehicle is using fluids or if they are contaminated. It will give you an idea of the vehicle's possible longevity.
- Check the brakes. If the brakes are pulsing it is sometimes caused by things like worn rotors or may even need a complete brake job.
- ALWAYS CHECK ALL OF THE LIGHTS.
The biggest and usually most important reason for buying Used Trucks is to save money! There are many reasons that make sense.
- A Used Truck costs less.
- A Used Truck's Insurance normally costs less.
- A Used Truck's License Plates normally cost less.
- A Used Truck's Taxes are less.
- A Used Truck's depreciation is much less than a New Truck's.
Don't buy a new truck just to get a warranty. You can add a service contract to the purchase of most used trucks (depending on their age and miles of course). The cost of the used truck with a service contract is a lot less than paying a much higher price for a new truck just to get the warranty. And on top of that if you sell the used truck before the service contract runs out you normally get a reimbursement on the balance of the service contract. You don't get a refund of money on a new truck's left over warranty. There are more pro's and con's to warranties and service contracts and I will go over those at a later date.
Head to Coliseum Motors located at 6351 E. 2nd St. in Casper, Wyoming.
COLISEUM MOTORS - FOUNDED IN 1914 http://www.coliseummotors.com